The Good Die Mostly Over Braids

Today, I lost my virginity. It was my first tailgating experience…ever! I have to say, it was all that I ever dreamed it would be. I tweeted and facebooked all throughout the game, ate, drank, wobbled, laughed, screamed, until I stumbled upon something so horrible, so deplorable, that I had to dedicate a tweet to it. And it read “Cornrows with heart beads on the end…on a grown man. I’m outdone.” Minutes later, I find out that it was actually Khujo from GOODIE MOB, but you know what, it doesn’t matter.


I am of the firm belief that besides dreadlocks, grown men, should not have braids. You are stretching it to get a pass from me after you turn 22. For me, it screams that you have yet to get your grown man on. When I think of grown man, I’m thinking of a man that is about his business that really values his appearance and any impression he is making on others. He is ready to let go of the juvenile experience of sitting between some woman’s legs to get his hair braided and his scalp greased. And then to have beads on the end, I just can't. Do you need some aluminum foil too?


I recognize that braids are simply a hair fashion, but at the end of the day, I just don’t like it! Leave the braids to the teenagers. Go get you a low cut dark caesar!

0 comments:

Post a Comment